Trusted Cooling Repair Company in Kansas City
Common Cooling Unit Problems
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, below are some of the most common problems for your air conditioner or heat pump:
- Low refrigerant. Inadequate levels of Freon can be caused by improper charge at installation or more often by a leak.
- Poor maintenance. Dirty filters and coils restrict airflow which can lead to failure of the compressor or fan. These problems can be prevented with a yearly tune-up.
- Faulty wiring. Resulting in lack of power to the unit or a blown breaker. Faulty wiring also poses a serious fire hazard.
- Outside fan is not working. Without a properly functioning fan, the compressor can overheat leading to a tripped safety switch or serious damage to the compressor.
- Outside unit does not come on. Thermostat defects, faulty wiring, and contactor problems can all prevent the unit from functioning.
- Frozen coil. Restricted airflow most likely from a dirty filter or blocked ductwork can cause the coil to freeze. Also, low refrigerant could be the culprit.
If you experience any of the above problems with your air conditioner or heat pump, your best bet is to contact a Kansas City HVAC repair professional to diagnose the problem and find a solution. We pride ourselves on timely service so your unit will get up and running in no time!